Thursday, January 12

Take the Pledge

It's no news that I am somewhat of a novice at this whole blog thing. Even though I've been sharing random thoughts for the last two+ years (that long?). I still don't know what I am doing, but I still feel a need on a constant basis to find like minded people and share bits and pieces of myself. Today, by following the foot prints of things that I feel connected to over the blog waves, I came across something that I thought worth sharing. I think sometimes about the things I could blog if I weren't as insecure as I am.

Insecure? Me? I often feel that everything I write is just plain crazy. No one has yet to actually tell me that it is. But I guess that's all part of being insecure. It doesn't matter how much reassurance you get, you don't believe it.

Why am I insecure? I have a loving husband who adores my muffin top and my breastfeeding parts and my random need to climb a tree in the middle of a thunderstorm or get out of bed in the middle of the night just to write something down that won't leave my head. I don't know. Maybe because I watched too many kids get laughed at as a kid, maybe because I rarely felt like I had a real friend growing up? I count those things as blessings. But I believe they gave me a general mistrust of peoples intentions in social realms.Which is why I love so much when I find someone, by some blessed coincidence, that I connect with; why I look here and there and everywhere for people that I might find those blessed coincidences with.

What I found tonight was nothing more than a place where I feel safe. A place that lays down the rules for safe social engagement, over the internet, between women. We women, I believe, mistrust each other more than we like to admit (admit it). But this link made me think...maybe if there were a level playing field and I thought that even if people do think I'm crazy, they'll try to understand my craziness, I might just feel more free to be the crazy person that I am and love.

If you like to feel free about being the crazy person that you are too, go HERE and make a pledge to be a humane participant of this powerful tool for people to connect across spaces. You can also grab the button on the bottom right of this page.

No comments:

About Me

Chester, UT, United States
I stole an Argentine from his country and made him my husband. Raising 4 kids in Sanpete County, we recently found a 140 year old farm house and made it into a home. El Palenquito is our dream of a micro-farm and market. We've set out to slowly restore life to our neglected plot of ground, including the soil, flora, fauna, and especially the hummingbirds! I love to get dirty making things and put the stuff in my head out on paper.